How to rearrange order based on dates of inputs?

  1. #1
    FISH
    Guest

    How to rearrange order based on dates of inputs?

    Hello all,

    I'm a novice with Excel (using 2002) and need to find out how difficult a
    task is to do for someone like me. I don't know much about using Excel other
    than adding basic functions.

    I want to track entries based on certain categories (each entry will include
    date, time, item #, price, etc...). I will need to be able to rearrange the
    items based on different parameters such as by date, by item # etc...

    How do I go about learning how to add this feature into my spreadsheet?

    I'd like to be able to arrange the entries by which ever category I need.

    Sorry if this message isn't clear, please ask for further details if those
    might help.

    Thanks...

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How to rearrange order based on dates of inputs?

    Look up sort in Help.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to rearrange order based on dates of inputs?

    After learning about Sort, you should look into Pivot Tables. If the
    data is appropriately arranged, you can very quickly generate different
    tabular views of it, sorted or grouped in a variety of ways.

    I have some pages on pivot tables, including links to more sources:

    Introduction to Pivot Tables in Excel
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm

    Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, and Real Charts

    Pivot Table and Pivot Chart Links
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotlinks.htm

    - Jon
    -------