date type format which is supported by excel 2003

  1. #1
    kanchan
    Guest

    date type format which is supported by excel 2003

    please tell me the date type format which is supported by excel 2005.

    i'm using xsd also for importing xml into excel and specified date type or
    datetime type there in xsd but it is imoprting it as text.giving error this
    error it is imorting as text.

    the format which i specified is yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss aaa in my jsp which is
    throughing xml.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: date type format which is supported by excel 2003

    This depends on your regional settings. I'd suspect that either of these
    would be interpreted as numerical dates by Excel (depending on whether
    it's US or Rest of World format):

    dd-MM-yyyy hh:mm:ss
    MM-dd-yyyy hh:mm:ss

    What's the "aaa" at the end of your format string? That may also be
    contributing the the textification of your dates.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: date type format which is supported by excel 2003

    Option 1: Use XL to give you the answer. Enter a in a XL worksheet.
    Save the file in XML format. Check the XML file using a text editor.

    Option 2: Recognize that XL stores dates as a whole number with 1 being
    1/1/1900 and time as a fraction of a number with 0.0=midnight and 1.0
    =next midnight.

    Personally, I would go with 1.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Multi-disciplinary business expertise
    + Technology skills
    = Optimal solution to your business problem
    Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...