Can I plot an equation in Excel instead of plotting data?

  1. #1
    raechickx
    Guest

    Can I plot an equation in Excel instead of plotting data?

    Can I plot an equation such as y=13x+8 instead of plotting lists of data?

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Can I plot an equation in Excel instead of plotting data?

    No, unfortunately.

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Can I plot an equation in Excel instead of plotting data?

    Yes you can with VBA. See
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/so...ger/index.html

    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Can I plot an equation in Excel instead of plotting data?

    Or with worksheet functions:

    http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.a...e=ChtFrmla.zip

    But it's rather complicated, and I often mess it up. It's easier to set
    up and debug if you simply calculate the data on the sheet and plot the
    results.

    Is there any particular reason you don't want to use data on the worksheet?

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services