How to make excel not round real numbers when making a histogram?

  1. #1
    Leedawg
    Guest

    How to make excel not round real numbers when making a histogram?

    When making a data histogram and say you have a range of numbers to be
    plotted such as 10.5,10.6,10.5,10 etc. and you define a bin range of
    10,11,12,13 excel will take your real number valuse of 10.5,10.6etc and round
    them all to the nearst whole number and plot them under that range. This
    really messes up your histogram. Is there a way to make excel simply plot the
    real numbers in their respective ranges so in the example I gave how do you
    make the numbers all end up in the 10-11 range as they should. This is a
    really annoying problem I assume you could simply manual round all your
    values to the whole value numbers that you want them to appear as but you
    shouldent have to do this excel should be smart enough to plot these numbers
    in the appropriate ranges and not round the values to whole numbers. THanks
    for the input

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: How to make excel not round real numbers when making a histogram?

    histograms in EXCEL put the numbers into the lowest cell where the limit is
    greaterthan or equal to the number.
    in your example you should get 1 at 10 and 3 at 11.

    This is standard for all spreadsheet and statistical programs I know of.