Combined bar and line chart (two Y axis) how to make excel know which data goes where

  1. #1

    Combined bar and line chart (two Y axis) how to make excel know which data goes where

    Hello all,

    after the super fast problem fixing last time i had a problem, i'd like to ask the excel collective for some more help...

    now trying to plot a combined bar chart and line graph. I basically want all the sets of data except one to appear as columns plotted against the axis on the left and the last set of data (which is a cumulative value of the data appearing for the columns) plotted against the right hand axis as a line.

    I can plot the graph fine, but out of the 7 sets of data which i want to appear as 6 sets of columns and one line, i get four sets of columns and three sets of lines. How do i tell excel to plot all except the last set of data against the left and then the last against the right?

    Help!

    thanks in advance

    Bug.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Combined bar and line chart (two Y axis) how to make excel knowwhich data goes where

    Hi,

    Easiest way is to create the chart as column based on all data. The
    select the series which you want as a line and right click and change
    the chart type to Line. Double click the line series and change the Axis
    to secondary.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --