How do I make a Bar Graph?

  1. #1
    Taylor
    Guest

    How do I make a Bar Graph?

    How do I make a bar graph for class results? I tried and i came to step 2 of
    4 and i dint not understand what i had to do at that part so if you could
    please help me or respond before tomarrow thank you

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I make a Bar Graph?

    You must start with proper data. If you're plotting student scores, you
    need two columns like this, with a title over only the values. The data
    can be anywhere in the worksheet, not necessarily starting in cell A1.

    Score
    Alice 87
    Bobby 65
    Cindy 83
    David 91
    Elena 77

    Select the entire range of data, or select just a single cell in the
    data. Start the chart wizard, the little button with a column chart icon
    on the Standard toolbar, or on the Insert menu, choose Chart. In step 1,
    pick the chart type. In step 2 select the data, although if the data is
    preselected, you shouldn't have to do anything here. In step 3 you can
    choose from lots of other options, but if you want to go back to these
    later, go to Chart Options on the Chart menu. Step four lets you choose
    where to put the chart, either embedded by default in the worksheet with
    the original data or in another sheet selected from the dropdown, or as
    a sheet all on its own.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP