chart with dates on the x-axe

  1. #1

    chart with dates on the x-axe

    how can you change the x-axe into a text x-as when the data are dates ? on specific dates a want to show a specific value. When I want to create e.g. a line-type chart, the values are ok, but the x-axe with the dates becomes a time-ax in stead of showing the real dates from the data.
    Is there a way to change the dates into text, without making it explicit text (with a ') because I want to use them also for calculating things.

    ???

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: chart with dates on the x-axe

    Hi,

    Right click the chart and pick Chart Options. On the axis tab is the
    option to specify Category axis rather than Automatic or Time Series.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel