How do I get a value of a calculated point on an excel line chart?

  1. #1
    klc6778
    Guest

    How do I get a value of a calculated point on an excel line chart?

    I created a line chart in Excel and I wanted to find out if there was a way
    to find out the value on any particular point on the line (not one of the
    values I entered to create the line, but one in between)?

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do I get a value of a calculated point on an excel line chart?

    On a Line or an XY chart?
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    klc6778
    Guest

    Re: How do I get a value of a calculated point on an excel line ch

    It is a line chart with x-y axies....I'm not sure if that answers your
    question...

  4. #4
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: How do I get a value of a calculated point on an excel line ch

    If it is a "LINE" chart, then your x-y values are ignored in favor of
    1,2,3, ... (though Excel will use your values as labels to further
    confuse the issue).

    You probably intended what is done by an "X-Y (Scatter)", which appears
    to use a 4-point Bezier curve for a smoothed fit.

    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6e73b9504082f?

    Unfortunately, the address where Brian Murphy posted the algorithm is no
    longer valid. Cubic splines will often approximate the smoothed Excel
    curve, and David Braden posted an algorithm for cubic splines in these
    newsgroups, which should be accessible via Google archives.

    Jerry