how can I make real polar plots in excel?

  1. #1
    druencon
    Guest

    how can I make real polar plots in excel?

    The radar charts in excel are not true polar coordinate graphs. SuperCalc
    had a graphing routine that produced charts using polar coordinates, how can
    I do this in Excel?

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: how can I make real polar plots in excel?

    see www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    druencon

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: how can I make real polar plots in excel?

    Hi,

    I have an addin for creating polar charts from angle and distance data.
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  5. #5
    David Hyde
    Guest

    Re: how can I make real polar plots in excel?

    I have an Add-In for Excel that makes sending data from your worksheet
    to my graphing program (DPlot) a snap. DPlot will produce a polar plot
    with angular values in either degrees or radians. The Add-In works with
    either the full version ($35/user) or the scaled-down, free DPlot Jr.
    The Add-In is distributed with both versions.

    If you want the plot shown in Excel you can copy it to the clipboard in
    DPlot and paste either a metafile or bitmap back into your worksheet.

    David Hyde
    http://www.dplot.com
    [email protected]