Horizontal lines in waterfall chart

  1. #1
    Tim
    Guest

    Horizontal lines in waterfall chart

    Hi folks,

    Does anyone know how to draw the horizontal lines to connect the first
    ending point to second starting point in waterfall chart? I asked this
    question before and one of the experts showed me the site where I could
    download the sample. I am not that good in excel vba coding. Therefore, I
    can’t fully understand that. Could someone show me the code to draw the
    horizontal lines (only) in waterfall chart.

    Thanks in advance.

    Tim.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Horizontal lines in waterfall chart

    You can add a set of XY series to the chart, one for each line you need drawn (add
    each additional series, select it, and use Chart menu > Chart Type to switch it to
    an XY type). The Y values are the same as the columns use. The X values can be
    determined by trial and error or algebraically calculated; keep in mind that the
    columns are effectively at X values 1, 2, 3, etc. I like to go from the beginning of
    one column to the end of the next. For the first two pairs of columns, and the
    standard gap width of 150%, this means X goes from 0.8 to 2.2.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services