Scatter chart with columns instead of points

  1. #1
    Bill_S
    Guest

    Scatter chart with columns instead of points

    I need to create a chart showing the number of students who received each
    numerical grade on test. The spacing between grades is not equidistant (ex:
    65, 70, 90, etc.) and I need to show the true spacing on the x-axis. So I
    chose a scatter chart because the other charts make the points of equal
    distance on the x-axis. The trouble is I need to represent the data as
    columns so if two students scored a 65 and eight scored a 90, the 90 column
    would much higher. Is there a way to add vertical columns to a scatter chart?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Scatter chart with columns instead of points

    Put your grades in a column, and include the grades which had none. Make your column
    chart, and the grades with none serve as spacers.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services