XY Scatter with Custom Labels

  1. #1

    XY Scatter with Custom Labels

    I have a list of products, each with an X (a dollar amount) and a Y value (a percentage). Is it possible to have each point labeled with a custom value i.e.: Printer, or Digital Camera, rather than it being labeled with just the values being plotted ($1,000, 2% or $500, 7%)?

    Any ideas are appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Keith

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: XY Scatter with Custom Labels

    You can edit the text of a label, to manually insert your desired labels. In
    addition, there are third party Excel add-ins that allow you to apply labels from a
    worksheet range to a series of data points. Two good ones are:

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com)
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (http://j-walk.com)

    - Jon
    -------