Column chart with additional "average" column

  1. #1
    Bill_S
    Guest

    Column chart with additional "average" column

    I created a vertical column chart with 10 columns of varying heights of data.
    On my spreadsheet I have a cell containing the average of the data. I need
    to add an additional vertical column showing this average and make it stand
    out from the other columns somehow (ex: color and/or height of column.) Is
    there a way to do this?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Column chart with additional "average" column

    Hi,

    Maybe you could have the average column as the 11th column. Extend the
    existing data series but don't give it a value. Create another series
    with data for only the 11th item. You can then format the second series
    so make the average stand out.

    Or maybe you would be better off with a average line?
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --