Can I format data lines in multiple charts?

  1. #1
    colleen91076
    Guest

    Can I format data lines in multiple charts?

    Can I format a data series in multiple charts without doing it individually?
    For example: I have a woorkbook with 50 charts, and each has the same X/Y
    axes, and each chart has multiple lines for 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, etc. Can
    I format one data series, i.e. year 1999 in Chart A and have Excel
    auto-format all other 1999 series (charts B-Z) to match it?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Can I format data lines in multiple charts?

    Hi,

    The closet thing you will get without resorting to VBA code is the F4
    button. Format 1999 series in one chart and then select it in another
    chart and press F4. Trouble is thats still 49 selections and then repeat
    that for each of the years!

    Here is the start of a macro. This will turn the first data series in
    all charts on the activesheet red, or what ever colour you have mapped
    in colorindex 3.
    Turn on the recorder whilst you format a line and see if you can insert
    you code in to this example.

    Sub Macro1()
    '
    ' Macro1 Macro
    ' Macro recorded 10/7/2005 by Andy Pope
    '
    Dim objCht As ChartObject
    '
    For Each objCht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
    With objCht.Chart
    With .SeriesCollection(1)
    With .Border
    .ColorIndex = 3