Drop down list for graphs/charts

  1. #1
    JS
    Guest

    Drop down list for graphs/charts

    My boss wants a drop down box in Excel that will give us about ten different
    graphs. I did all ten of these graphs individually on separate tabs but my
    boss wants one tab with a drop down box that when we choose one of the
    groups, it will give us that graph.

    Can this be done?

  2. #2
    Mangesh Yadav
    Guest

    Re: Drop down list for graphs/charts

    Based on the drop-down, in a separate range select the data which you want
    to plot. And plot this in one graph only. For e.g. you have data A1:A10 for
    the first graph, B1:B10 for the second. Lets say in M1:M10 use a formula
    which will get the data from A1:A10 or B1:B10 based on the drop-down
    selection. Plot M1:M10 only in the graph.

    Mangesh

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Drop down list for graphs/charts

    You might also try one of these approaches:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...eDropDown.html
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

    - Jon
    -------