H2 insert a text tag into a line graph

  1. #1
    Colin Chisholm
    Guest

    H2 insert a text tag into a line graph

    Hi, can anyone help me???
    I'd like to tag different points on a line graph with a text box or text to
    show where something has changed or just to record something specific to the
    point. i've tried adding a text box but it won't move with the data point if
    I add more points.

    Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

    Thanks

    colin

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: H2 insert a text tag into a line graph

    Hi,

    Depending on the amount of text you could add a dummy data series and
    use its data labels to hold the text. Data labels can be linked to cells
    or you can manually enter text into the data label. Select the data
    labels and the select a specific one. Now in the formula bar either type
    the relevant text or to link to a cell enter the cell reference
    including the sheet name.
    The are also a couple of free addin for linking labels to cells.

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com)
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (http://j-walk.com)

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Colin Chisholm
    Guest

    Re: H2 insert a text tag into a line graph

    Andy, thanks for the help. I'll try these out.

    Cheers
    Colin

    news:[email protected]...