How do I read values from a line chart?

  1. #1
    Lynn
    Guest

    How do I read values from a line chart?

    I want to draw lines from the y axis over to the data line and down to the x
    axis. I also need to show the value on the x axis. Please can someone help?

  2. #2
    B. R.Ramachandran
    Guest

    RE: How do I read values from a line chart?

    Hi,

    Create an XY-Scatter Plot, rather than a line plot.
    Right click on any data point ---> "Format Data Series" ---> "X-Error Bars"
    tab ---> select the "Minus" box, check "Percentage" radio button and enter
    100 for % ---> repeat this in the "Y-Error Bars" tab ---> then go to "Data
    Labels" tab and check "X Value"
    With a Line Plot, you can get the Data Labels, and only the Y-Error Bars.
    In both plots, you can drag the data labels and place them wherever you want.

    Regards,
    B. R. Ramachandran

  3. #3
    Lynn
    Guest

    RE: How do I read values from a line chart?

    Many thanks. Thats great

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: How do I read values from a line chart?

    For an interactive solution see
    Interactive Chart
    http://www.tushar-
    mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,