put data on x axis on the y axis

  1. #1
    PoW3rUp
    Guest

    put data on x axis on the y axis

    Hello, I want to put the following data in an Excel chart with P (price)
    data on the y-axis.
    P MD XS
    1 40 0
    1,5 20 20
    2 0 40
    2,5 -20 60
    3 -40 80
    3,5 -60 100

    However, using the wizard the axes are inverted, with the price data on the
    x-axis and hte quantities of exports and imports on the y-axis.

    Thanks for telling me how to correct this.

    Joris

  2. #2
    Phil Preen
    Guest

    RE: put data on x axis on the y axis

    > ... using the wizard the axes are inverted, with the price data on the
    > x-axis and hte quantities of exports and imports on the y-axis.

    It is much easier if you put the x-data in the leftmost column, the wizard
    will then usually work well.
    If you really don't want to swap the columns round, on the second page of
    the wizard click on Series, you can then adjust the formula for the x-data
    and y-data for each series. If you don't get it quite right, you can adjust
    the formula later by right-clicking on the chart and choosing Source Data.

  3. #3
    PoW3rUp
    Guest

    RE: put data on x axis on the y axis

    Many thanks Phil, , I had already put the y-axis data in hte leftmost column
    but using the "Series" worked.

    Joris