sharing a custom chart type

  1. #1
    Papa Jonah
    Guest

    sharing a custom chart type

    I have a custom chart template that I use. I want to share it with a
    coworker. How do I "export" it or copy it to their machine?

    TIA

  2. #2
    Ed Ferrero
    Guest

    Re: sharing a custom chart type

    Hi Papa,

    Search for XLUSRGAL.XLS
    In my PC (running Win XP) it sits in
    C:\Documents and Settings\Ed\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
    (where Ed is the user name)

    You will need to copy this to similar locations on each user's PC>

    Ed Ferrero
    http://edferrero.m6.net/

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: sharing a custom chart type

    Let's hope the user doesn't already have custom types, because this will
    overwrite them. A while ago I posted a solution that allowed you to
    distribute custom chart types in a workbook with code to add these types
    to a user's gallery:

    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...0f8a219326de1a

    If you run this procedure from the Workbook_Open procedure, it will
    update the user gallery when the file is opened.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services