Publishing charts - specify image name

  1. #1
    Watermelon girl
    Guest

    Publishing charts - specify image name

    We are using Excel to manipulate some real time data then publish the updated
    results every 15 minutes to the Internet. I am publishing charts using
    Excel's Save as Web Page feature, but then only want to use the images of the
    charts as an included image in the actual web pages.
    The images end up with names like "xyz_89654_image001.gif". The
    "image001.gif" part I don't have a problem with - as long as there is only
    one image in each subdirectory, that will be it, and the xyz comes from the
    workbook name. It's the number in the middle that I have real problems with.
    At the moment I only have a couple of lots of beta data to deal with (with 6
    charts each) so I have hard coded the image name into the web pages and that
    works fine. But I could end up with 100s of these and think specifying a
    generic name for the image would be easier to automate.
    Can this be done? I'm new at doing web pages so I may be approaching this
    all the wrong way.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Publishing charts - specify image name

    Hi,

    Maybe you could make use of the charts .Export method via VBA.

    From Excel help:

    Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1) _
    .Chart.Export _
    FileName:="current_sales.gif", FilterName:="GIF"

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Watermelon girl
    Guest

    Re: Publishing charts - specify image name

    Thanks, Andy. You set me looking elsewhere and found what I needed was to
    specify the DivID in the PublishObject method rather than letting Excel
    default it to whatever.