First post, need help guys!

  1. #1

    First post, need help guys!

    Hi to all,

    I pasted together the below attachment.

    Can anyone help me with it. I need to know how to start a second graph 55% of the way up the original graphs axis.

    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...1980/graph.jpg

    PS. I cant get the pic bigger but can mail if you leave a reply on the thread.

    Thanks again!
    Last edited by Moxy1980; 10-13-2005 at 10:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Moxy

    The second set of data needs to be set on the second Y axis. Having done that you will need to change the origin of the Y2 axis so that it is 55% less than Y1. It will look better if you make sure that Y1 and Y2 have the same number of intervals and then blank out the Y2 labels

    Jon

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: First post, need help guys!

    Alternatively, you can adapt this technique:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StackedCharts.html

    Instead of four equally spaced zones, you can define any number of
    arbitrarily spaced zones, and use dummy axes:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

    to provide the axis appearance you need.

    I've used this combination to create large charts (legal size portrait)
    with five or six zones, each zone having primary and secondary Y axes
    independent of the other zones, and each zone charting one to five
    related series.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP