Ignoring 0

  1. #1

    Ignoring 0

    Hello all,

    Is it possible to create a chart using an entire column, but have the chart
    ignore all 0 values? i.e. simply not plot the 0 values.

    Thanks,
    Shhhh

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: Ignoring 0

    Are your zero values the result of a formula?

    Let's say you have
    A1=B1+C1 which equals Zero

    Change your formula to the following:
    =if(b1+c1=0,NA(),b1+c1)

  3. #3
    Thanks for your reply Barb,

    the "Y" axis is dates... and the "X" axis is the column with data on it. I have the chart set up for the whole year and every day that days "0" value is replaced with a number.

    So basically my chart shows data and then all of a sudden falls all the way to 0 from tomorrows date on.

    Any other suggestions?

    Thanks again,
    Shhhh

  4. #4
    Please folks... I'm desparate... any other suggestions out there??

    Thanks,
    Shhhh

  5. #5
    Ed Ferrero
    Guest

    Re: Ignoring 0

    Hi Shhhh,

    Have you tried selecting the chart and using the menu command
    Tools-Options-Chart and plot empty cells - not plotted?

    Ed Ferrero
    http://edferrero.m6.net/

  6. #6
    Ed,

    Thanks for your reply... yes I tried all three options available and still whenever the data has a 0 the chart just falls off a cliff.

    Any other thoughts?

    Thanks again,
    Shhhh

  7. #7
    Ed Ferrero
    Guest

    Re: Ignoring 0

    What type of chart are you using? Area? Scatter? Line?

    Ed Ferrero
    http://edferrero.m6.net/

  8. #8
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Ignoring 0

    Or more generally, if the zeros are in column B, insert a new column C
    and use this formula:

    =IF(B2=0,NA(),B2)

    Now make the chart with column C instead of B.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  9. #9
    Nigel
    Guest

    RE: Ignoring 0

    You could always write a macro that replace all the cells with a value of 0