Stop the line when 0 is reached

  1. #1
    Nigel
    Guest

    Stop the line when 0 is reached

    I have a chart ranging from Jan to Dec I have values up till Oct, I want the
    line to stop there, is there any way I can stop the line from appearing after
    the last value

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Stop the line when 0 is reached

    Hi,

    If the cells for Nov and Dec are really empty the line should stop.
    If the cells contain formula then make use of NA() instead of ""

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: Stop the line when 0 is reached

    Thanks Andy

    Not sure where I should use the NA(),

    here is the formula for the field

    =IF(VLOOKUP($W$8,$A$31:$Q$291,O17,FALSE) =
    0,NA(),VLOOKUP($W$8,$A$31:$Q$291,O17,FALSE))

    Is that where I woudl use the NA() statement? It still retains the 0

    Nigel

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Stop the line when 0 is reached

    That looks like the sort of thing.

    Are you saying the line still drops to zero when the data is zero?