Linking a horizontal set of cells to a vertical sets of cells

  1. #1
    Russell-stanely
    Guest

    Linking a horizontal set of cells to a vertical sets of cells

    What is the quickest way to link a horizontal sets of cells to a vertical
    sets of cells?
    I have a spreadsheet where my values I want to plot are horizontal. I want
    to link these range of horizontal cells to a another s/s where the range is
    listed vertically. (I can't chagne it - it has to remain this way) I have
    about 25 sheets where I want to copy the link formula.

    For EX:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 are my horizontal values on one s/s.

    I want to link (copy)these over to a vertical set up.

    I tried using an absolute reference in the link or reference formula, but
    when I copy the formula to the remaining cells, it is not incrementing
    properly. Someone said that you can't link horizontal and veritically...?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Linking a horizontal set of cells to a vertical sets of cells

    There are many ways to do this (just like many other things that "you can't" do).
    Suppose the original cells are in B1:F1 and the links are in A2:A6. Enter this into
    A2 and drag it down to A6:

    =OFFSET($A$1,0,ROW()-1)

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    Russell-stanely
    Guest

    Re: Linking a horizontal set of cells to a vertical sets of cells

    Awesome-thanks!!