Excel coordinates

  1. #1
    wysz
    Guest

    Excel coordinates

    I would love to know how to get Excel to read the coordinates at a point on a
    graph, BETWEEN the data points.

    Thanks muchly

    Jeff

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Excel coordinates

    Excel's chart smoother appears to use Bezier curves. Brian Murphy has
    posted code for Bezier curves, but the link he gave
    http://www.xlrotor.com/excel_stuff.htm
    appears to be obsolete. I

    In most cases, the difference between Bezier curves and cubic splines is
    minimal. An example where the difference is noticeable is
    http://www.google.com/groups?threadm...0no_e-mail.com
    David Braden has posted code for cubic splines, but Google changed their
    addressing and my saved link is now broken. You might find it by searching.

    I could e-mail you a .zip file of Brian Murphy's workbook and David
    Braden's VBA code if you like.

    Jerry

  3. #3
    wysz
    Guest

    RE: Excel coordinates

    Jerry, that would be great if you could email those. my address is wysz
    (at) hotm ail (dot) com

    I saw refference to a program (Excel utility) in my searching called
    Chartool that is apparently based on Bezier curves , but only broken links
    were attached to refferring links.

  4. #4
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest