Want graph with 2 axis, but bars overlap when second axis added

  1. #1
    Gill
    Guest

    Want graph with 2 axis, but bars overlap when second axis added

    I need to have a bar graph with two data sets of different scales, yet when I
    change one data set to an secondary axis, the two bars combine. I need them
    to be sitting side by side.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Want graph with 2 axis, but bars overlap when second axis added

    Hi,

    Here is one example.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Want graph with 2 axis, but bars overlap when second axis added

    Actually, this is more likely to be helpful:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...OnTwoAxes.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Want graph with 2 axis, but bars overlap when second axis added

    Thanks Jon, I couldn't see that example for looking

  5. #5
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Want graph with 2 axis, but bars overlap when second axis added

    Yeah, I need a better way to navigate through all of my examples. Maybe
    I could adapt the ribbon-type user interface?

    - Jon
    -------