Labels and Dummy Series

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Denmark
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 365

    Labels and Dummy Series

    On the site

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html

    are given some examples of how to make arbitrary gridlines (no problem) with labels (big problem). One of the examples is called Livestock, and here is given an instruction:

    "Add labels in 'Label' column to dummy series added above"

    but no clue whatsoever on HOW to do it, which i find pretty strange as this is exactly what the whole show is all about.

    Can anyone give a hint?

    NSV

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Labels and Dummy Series

    Let me check the example. It should be telling you to download one of
    these free and very useful chart labeling add-ins:

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss

    Both are pretty much self-explanatory.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Denmark
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 365
    OK, I have not found that about downloading the Add-in, but I did that and now it works. Thank you!

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Denmark
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 365
    It works perfectly, thanks for the tip.

    Around ten years ago this was easily done in Lotus 123. Working in a test and development department I made myself a chart to follow a Weibull distributed failure development, just as your example with the probability chart. After we were forced to change to Excel it has annoyed me, that I could only make this chart in an awfully clumsy manner with a textbox containing the labels.

    NSV