scatter plot matrix ?

  1. #1
    ali
    Guest

    scatter plot matrix ?

    how can i creat a scatter plot matrix from a huge set of environmental data?

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: scatter plot matrix ?

    Excel can create the individual panes of a scatter plot matrix, but has
    no native functionality to jointly product the entire matrix. You could
    write a VBA macro to automate the process, or you could do it natively in R
    www.r-product.org
    the freely downloadable open source implementation of the S statistical
    language.

    There is even an interface that allows R routines to be called from Excel
    http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/ex...m/RSrv135.html

    Jerry

  3. #3
    jahoobob
    Guest

    Re: scatter plot matrix ?

    Highlight all the data and select Insert, Chart, and then pick Scatter
    XY.

    --
    jahoobob

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: scatter plot matrix ?

    You don't even need VBA. You can set up some clever formulas in the
    worksheet and use a stacked area chart for the colored background
    rectangles, using a technique like this:

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  5. #5
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: scatter plot matrix ?

    Your directions would make a single scatter plot, not a scatter plot matrix
    http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handb...3/scatplma.htm

    Jerry

  6. #6
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: scatter plot matrix ?

    Hi,

    Not sure if this will help.
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/miniplot_xy.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    ali wrote:
    > how can i creat a scatter plot matrix from a huge set of environmental data?

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  7. #7
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: scatter plot matrix ?

    Ignore my post. I misunderstood the question (and forgot to paste the
    link to an irrelevant page).

    Andy Pope's example is a good place to start (check his post).

    - Jon
    -------