button grayed out for Charting

  1. #1
    rgraham1
    Guest

    button grayed out for Charting

    I am trying to use the Chart Wizard or the Chart Toolbar to create a chart.
    However, both are greyed out.

    Any idea why or what I should do to fix this?

    thanks,

    Ron

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: button grayed out for Charting

    Usual suspects are protected workbook or worksheet. Shared workbook.

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    rgraham1
    Guest

    Re: button grayed out for Charting

    Thanks for the fast reply Andy.

    I've checked in the Tools Command under Protection and Shared, but see
    nothing to indicate any restrictions. Could you offer any specifics?

    You should know that this spreadsheet has a history of being created by me
    on my Windows computer first. Being emailed around to a half dozen people in
    my Group. I have copyed and pasted the updated data from those 6 people that
    emailed me their updated spreadsheets. I now have one spreadsheet with all
    of the data they have emailed to me combined into one spreadsheet.

    It's this final spreadsheet that I am now not able to create the Charts with.

    Does that help?

    thanks again,

    Ron

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: button grayed out for Charting

    Another option is grouped sheets.

  5. #5
    jahoobob
    Guest

    Re: button grayed out for Charting

    Are you editting a cell?

    --
    jahoobob

  6. #6
    rgraham1
    Guest

    Re: button grayed out for Charting

    I wasn't able to determine the cause of the "graying out" situation, so I
    just created a new worksheet and copied and pasted the data into it. Not
    eligent but it worked.

    thanks for the good suggestions,

    Ron

    --

    Ron

  7. #7
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: button grayed out for Charting

    See, it must have been a corrupted worksheet, he he!

    - Jon