is it possible two different colours in a chart plot area ?

  1. #1
    nasrev
    Guest

    is it possible two different colours in a chart plot area ?

    I need to distinguish two diffrent areas in the plot area of an excel chart.
    Is it possible to colour the plot area with two different colours for that
    purpose ?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    AAA
    Guest

    Re: is it possible two different colours in a chart plot area ?

    Yes, you can. Just double click your plot area and then use the "fill
    effect" dialog to do this. You can color your chart plot area with one/two
    or even a picture. Have fun!

  3. #3
    nasrev
    Guest

    Re: is it possible two different colours in a chart plot area ?

    Thank you very much fro your response

    I am afraid I did not made myself understodd. The problem I have is that I
    measure the lenght od several piece parts and I want to plot those data in a
    chart but colouring the tolerance field in the plot area in a different
    colour to the area where data of piece parts out of tolerance are plotted.

    It is related to a cerain range of values in the Y axis, for example.

    For example plot area corresponding to Y values in the range 1 to 5 (that
    represents the field within tolerance range) would be coloured in a different
    colour that the rest of the plot area where data out of tolerance are plotted.

    I think it is not possible to have different colours related a value ranges
    in a plot area, isn't it.

    If you know the response I would very much appreciate if you could let me
    know.

    Best regards

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: is it possible two different colours in a chart plot area ?

    Hi,

    You can use combination charts to colour the plot area.
    Here some different examples.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ackground.html
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ticalBand.html
    http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...ial/index.html

    Although this is not a solution to the sepcific problem the use of area
    charts to shade might help.
    http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm

    If none of the combinations work Jon has a VBA approach.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/VBAdraw.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  5. #5
    nasrev
    Guest

    Re: is it possible two different colours in a chart plot area ?

    Thank you very much, Andy