Can I make Excel sort and graph a list of numbers?

  1. #1
    Nivek
    Guest

    Can I make Excel sort and graph a list of numbers?

    I want to know if my Excel can take a list of numbers and sort then graph
    them.

    Thanks again,
    Nivek

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Can I make Excel sort and graph a list of numbers?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > I want to know if my Excel can take a list of numbers and sort then graph
    > them.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Nivek

    Yes, it can do both.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

  3. #3
    Nivek
    Guest

    Re: Can I make Excel sort and graph a list of numbers?

    Could you tell me how?

    Thanks,
    Nivek

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Can I make Excel sort and graph a list of numbers?

    To sort the data, select the data set then use Data | Sort... and
    provide the necessary information.

    To chart a data set, select it, click the Chart Wizard button and follow
    instructions.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Multi-disciplinary business expertise
    + Technology skills
    = Optimal solution to your business problem
    Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

  5. #5
    Nivek
    Guest

    Re: Can I make Excel sort and graph a list of numbers?

    What I should have asked was, Can Excel count how many 0's, 1's, 2's, 3's,
    and 4's are in a column then graph the resulting numbers?

    Thanks to whoever tells me how to do this,
    Nivek

  6. #6
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Can I make Excel sort and graph a list of numbers?

    Check out XL's FREQUENCY function, its Histogram capability (Tools |
    Data Analysis... | Histogram tool), or its PivotTable capability (Data |
    Pivottable and PivotChart Reports...)

    The latter 2 have a chart option in them. For the first, create a chart
    based on the results of the FREQUENCY function.