Set REF# by Cell

  1. #1
    Mike Punko
    Guest

    Set REF# by Cell

    ok I have a workbook with sheets named by month (Sep, Oct, Nov...) I have a
    sheet named Weekly. In Weekly I have a LOOKUP function as such.

    =LOOKUP(B1,Oct!$B$4:$B$34,Oct!$E$4:$E$34)

    B1 = Date in Weekly to lookup.
    Oct! = the sheet to look in.
    I'm looking for a way to have the Oct referance be determined via cell
    referance. I tried some codes but just can't get this to work. I know I
    would do a

    TEXT(B1,"mmm") to get "Oct" trouble is setting up my original code to do
    this. I've also been tryingto do it with INDIRECT function but to also no
    result. I know it's just a wrong " or , somewhere.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Set REF# by Cell

    One way:

    =LOOKUP(B1,INDIRECT("'" & C1 & "'!B4:B34"),INDIRECT("'" & C1 &
    "'!E4:E34"))

    Note that the single quotes are only necessary if C1 may have a space in
    the text.

  3. #3
    Mike Punko
    Guest

    Re: Set REF# by Cell

    Thanks man. I knew it was somethign simple I wsa forgetting the single quotes.