[SOLVED] Displaying null values in charts

  1. #1
    Iain ASLD
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Displaying null values in charts

    I have made some charts with the data populating the underlying tables using
    Vlookups. However as they are populated over time i dont want to show any
    null values. I have tried the following formula =IF(D14=0,"",D14) to convert
    the 0 values in to a null value but it still shows it on the chart. Do you
    know how to get around this and if it is possible.

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Displaying null values in charts

    Use NA() instead of "".

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>, =?Utf-
    8?B?SWFpbiBBU0xE?= <Iain [email protected]> says...

  3. #3
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Displaying null values in charts

    Functions must return something, and Excel has no null value.

    Since your issue appears to be future values, Tushar's suggestion of
    NA() should work just fine. If you needed connecting lines to break,
    you would have to work much harder. The options there are to either

    - delete the formula (possibly with a macro to re-load the formula as
    data changes)

    - use helper columns as described at
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokenlines.htm

    Jerry