how can i change position of x and y axis in chart?

  1. #1
    zare-jamal
    Guest

    how can i change position of x and y axis in chart?

    hi, i plotted a chart in excel. now i want to change position of x and y
    axis. In the other hand i want to make x axis as y axis and vice versa.

    thanks.

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: how can i change position of x and y axis in chart?

    Select the plotted data. In the formula bar you will see
    =SERIES(optional,xrange,yrange,chartnum)
    reverse the order of the 2nd and 3rd arguments.

    Alternately, when creating the chart, at "Chart Wizard - Step 2 of 4 -
    Chart Source Data" select the Series tab and specify the appropriate
    ranges as X Values and Y Values.

    By default, Excel assumes that the left-most column (or top-most row)
    contains the X Values

    Jerry

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: how can i change position of x and y axis in chart?

    I have a simple utility that works for XY charts:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP