Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Widening Cluster Chart Columns

  1. #1
    toilinthedark
    Guest

    Widening Cluster Chart Columns

    Hello,
    I have a Cluster Column chart with 3 series. This is data gathered
    weekly and I have 8 weeks of data, one data point for each series per
    week.
    The problem I am having is that the columns in the chart are very thin
    and do not give a good visual representation of the data. I cannot
    figure out how to widen the columns.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Widening Cluster Chart Columns

    You can double click one series, and on the Options tab reduce the gap
    width.

    If this doesn't seem to help, because all columns for a given week are
    compressed into the space for a single day, you need to change the axis
    from time scale to category. On the Chart menu, choose Chart Options,
    and click on the Axes tab. Under Category axis, choose Category.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    toilinthedark
    Guest

    Re: Widening Cluster Chart Columns

    Thanks, Jon!
    Changing to Category worked great. The gap width helped a little, but I
    had to increase it after changing to Category.

Closed Thread