Automated task to present data in a graph form.

  1. #1

    Question Automated task to present data in a graph form.

    Hi,

    I am newbie to Excel area. I got a requirement where in I need to present the Excel sheet data with 3 columns in a graphical form. Everyday, the excel sheet is populated with the current data. This is automated from the backend.

    I want to know whether there is any possibility of a macro which draws a graph with the data present in the excel sheet. It should be an automated task.

    Thanks for the help in advance.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Automated task to present data in a graph form.

    You probably don't need a macro. Make a workbook with dummy data that's
    arranged the way your incoming data is arranged. Make a chart from this
    data. Now just have the incoming data populate the range that initially
    contained the dummy data.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP