Chart Axis Value

  1. #1

    Chart Axis Value

    I am using a line chart, where the chart results are driven by a validation list. So when I choose a specific product, up come sales, forecast and ajusted forecast for the product.

    Seeing that we are not living in a perfect world, the acuals differs quite by a huge amount depending on the product.

    What I want to achieve is to set the Major Axis (Y Axis) value to 20 % or a fifth of the total value, as I want only 5 gridlines in my charts.

    I have linked my Chart Title a to a cell (Validation Cell, so chart title = product name), but I cant seem to ink the Y axis major value to a cell. Is this possible, if so, is there somebody who can assist me with my request.

    Thanks to ever is willing to lookat this request.

    Thiem

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Chart Axis Value

    Thiem -

    This is not a native Excel capability, but you can use VBA to achieve
    the same effect:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nkToSheet.html

    Near the top of the article is a link to an add-in by Tushar Mehta that
    handles it for you.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP