Dynamic Chart Titles - formating

  1. #1
    MMesarch
    Guest

    Dynamic Chart Titles - formating

    Hi,
    Originally I had the chart titles of a template workbook as text. This
    could be formated, such as CO2 for carbon dioxide could be displayed with the
    2 as a subscript.

    I have figured out how to make a chart title related to a cell in worksheet
    thus allowing part of the title to include information ( like the data's
    date) to be dynamically added to the title.

    But I cannot figure out how to format the text in that cell to include
    things like subscripts.

    Can this be done?
    Thanks.

    However
    --
    Mark Mesarch
    School of Natural Resources

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Dynamic Chart Titles - formating

    You can format a cell or a chart title (or axis title, text box, or data
    label) to have subscripts and other per-character formatting. You can
    also link a title to a cell. But once you link the text, you lose the
    per-character formatting.

    I got around this one time by writing a VBA procedure which first copied
    the text from the cell to the title, then character by character copied
    the formatting from the cell to the title.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Dynamic Chart Titles - formating

    You may also want to check the link
    Dynamic textbox in chart with custom formatting
    in
    Excel Tips and Cases
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/index.html

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

  4. #4
    MMesarch
    Guest

    RE: Dynamic Chart Titles - formating

    John and Tushar,
    Thanks. That is disappointing about the inability to do this. Tushar, your
    document was helpful. In general anontation that will work great. Titles
    will be a little more tricky.