how to increase area of Y axis title, so full text will be shown?

  1. #1
    dancho79
    Guest

    how to increase area of Y axis title, so full text will be shown?

    in X-Y scatter chart i am having problem of text fitting the title box of Y
    axis title. Neither I can increase it manually, not through clicking menus.
    Any option to do so is absent. Is there any way i can increse text box? thank
    you!

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: how to increase area of Y axis title, so full text will be shown?

    Give chart a dummy tile when you make the chart.
    Type the real title into a cell using ALT+ENTER to use multiple lines
    Click chart title and in formula box type =, point to the cell with the long
    title
    done
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    dancho79

    "dancho79" wrote:

    > in X-Y scatter chart i am having problem of text fitting the title box of Y
    > axis title. Neither I can increase it manually, not through clicking menus.
    > Any option to do so is absent. Is there any way i can increse text box? thank
    > you!

    i tried it, but still box is too small to contain whole title. regards!

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: how to increase area of Y axis title, so full text will be shown?

    Use a textbox instead of the default title. Some combinations of Excel
    and Windows versions, monitor aspect ratio, display zoom, and phase of
    the moon causes the Y axis title to be truncated. I've tried to help
    sort it out, but it's larger and more sporadic than I can get a handle on.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  5. #5
    dancho79
    Guest

    Re: how to increase area of Y axis title, so full text will be sho

    ye, i tried it. it's shown on the graph, but not coming out of printer...

  6. #6
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: how to increase area of Y axis title, so full text will be sho

    Usually it's truncated on screen, but it's okay in print preview and off
    the printer. Hmm, you may need to install new printer drivers.

    - Jon
    -------

  7. #7
    dancho79
    Guest

    Re: how to increase area of Y axis title, so full text will be sho

    i will try to reinstall driver and see what will happen. thanks!