add trendlines unavaiable

  1. #1
    Ellen
    Guest

    add trendlines unavaiable

    Having a problem in excel where the Chart, Add Trendlines is unavailable.
    This happens whether using a new or existing document. Have done a detect
    and repair back to defaults and have searched the knowledge base but can't
    find anything on why this would be unavailable. Isn't this part of the basic
    excel install or is there something missing in excel? Have looked at several
    other workstations and am able to add a trendline but its not working on this
    one workstation.

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: add trendlines unavaiable

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Having a problem in excel where the Chart, Add Trendlines is unavailable.
    > This happens whether using a new or existing document. Have done a detect
    > and repair back to defaults and have searched the knowledge base but can't
    > find anything on why this would be unavailable. Isn't this part of the basic
    > excel install or is there something missing in excel? Have looked at several
    > other workstations and am able to add a trendline but its not working on this
    > one workstation.

    Maybe, XL doesn't believe it can add a trendline for this kind of a
    chart. What type of chart (and sub-type of it) are you using?

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

  3. #3
    Ellen
    Guest

    Re: add trendlines unavaiable

    Here's an example of what we tried:

    Type numbers in cells A1, B1 and C1 then used the chart wizard to create the
    chart. We selected Column then Clustered Column (first subtype choice).
    Didn't make any other changes and click finish to close the wizard. Then
    went to Chart and add trendlines is greyed out. I can do it on my
    workstation, but the admin I was helping can't. I had a couple of people at
    the help desk try the same steps and it works for them.

    I'm going to see if she has time to let me sign onto her workstation and try
    with my userid. If I can do it, then the office install should be fine and
    maybe its a corrupt profile issue.

    Is there a specific chart type that we should try on her workstation?