How do I justify/align tick mark labels on a horizontal bar chart?

  1. #1
    blinko
    Guest

    How do I justify/align tick mark labels on a horizontal bar chart?

    I'm doing a bar graph of survey question responses; the questions are long so
    they word-wrap, but they seem to be "center" aligned so the formatting looks
    bad. Can I left or right-justify them?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I justify/align tick mark labels on a horizontal bar chart?

    Yet another property of axis labels that Excel will not trust us with.

    Some people would hide the default axis labels (double click the axis,
    find the appropriate "None" on the Patterns tab) and replace them with
    textboxes. Easiest way to add a textbox that's linked to a cell? Select
    the chart, type an equals sign, then click on the cell. Now format and
    position it.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP