Pivot table charts

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    Pivot table charts

    Can I add upper and lower limit lines to a pivot table chart?
    I would use these to show specification limits along with the data.

    Thanks!

    John

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table charts

    You can add drawing objects to a pivot chart, but you can't add another
    series to the pivot chart. Pivot charts only show the data within the
    pivot table, and you cannot add outside data.

    You can make a non-pivot chart from a pivot table, which I frequently do
    because of the shortcomings of pivot charts. Selecting a blank cell that
    is not part of or near the pivot table, then start the chart wizard. In
    step 1, select the chart type you want. In step 2, click on the Series
    tab, and add each series individually, entering the respective name, X
    values, and Y values for each. You can add data to this chart to
    indicate limits and other statistical values. Here are a few methods:

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services