Chart Zooming and scrolling

  1. #1

    Chart Zooming and scrolling

    Please shoot me or somehow put me out of my misery!

    Try the following:
    (1) Create a dummy scatter chartsheet manually. Data is not important,
    chart can be completely blank for this test.
    (2) Zoom-in with 200 magnification on the chart.
    (3) Now WRITE a VBA macro to position the view to the upper right
    corner of the chart.

    Scrollbars movement don't seem to be functional within VBA at least on
    chart pages.

    Thanks in advance
    Ken

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Chart Zooming and scrolling

    Put the chart into a blank worksheet, and constrain the ScrollArea to the
    cells covered by the chart. Then you can use the ScrollRows and
    ScrollColumns, or the LargeScroll and smallscroll to move around.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Chart Zooming and scrolling

    Thanks Jon,

    I was hoping for another answer. I have developed lots of VBA code
    based on chart pages and this zooming feature was one of the last
    things to do. I'm hoping to stay with chart pages if possible.

    So another question. Suppose you were forced to use a chartpage and
    still use VBA to zoom and see different areas of a magnified chart how
    would you do it?

    It seems strange to me that I can do this so easy manually , but there
    is no capability of doing it in VBA. Do I have to use mouse or
    keystroke events to do it?

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Chart Zooming and scrolling

    Offhand, I'm not sure how I would do this in VBA. None of the scrolling
    commands work. I've also had lots of trouble with using mouse click events
    in chart sheets. If all I'm doing is getting X and Y from the click (in
    whatever arbitrary units) and passing them through to GetChartElement, it's
    no big deal, but if I'm trying to actually use the XY values for something,
    I quickly reach my boiling point. There's no way I've found to measure where
    you're scrolled to, and no way to scroll on your own. And something as
    distant as changing default printers will change the way the chart sheet is
    portrayed. I would have suggested that you use embedded charts.

    - Jon
    -------