avoiding plotting zero values on graphs

  1. #1
    Lee
    Guest

    avoiding plotting zero values on graphs

    How do I when plotting points of a graph avoid plotting the zero values.

    During the start of a new period, there will be several zero values, how can
    i aviod excel from plotting these zero values

  2. #2
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: avoiding plotting zero values on graphs

    "Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > How do I when plotting points of a graph avoid plotting the zero
    > values.
    >
    > During the start of a new period, there will be several zero values,
    > how can i aviod excel from plotting these zero values

    Hi Lee,

    I suggest that, unless the result you want *is* actually zero, you
    don't have a formula that returns that value.

    Better, IMO at least, to return Not Applicable (#N/A) if the result is
    not (yet) applicable.

    For example:

    =IF(DataMonth>CurrentMonth,NA(),Result)

    This has the advantage that any results that are not able to be
    applied remain unplotted on a chart.

    Hope that helps,

    Alan.

    else associated with me.