simple chart question

  1. #1
    Roney
    Guest

    simple chart question

    I know there must be a simple way to do this.. I'm just not all that good at
    excel.

    I have a pre-created chart. I want to put that chart on a sheet and, when
    the user clicks a "show chart" link, in another sheet in the same workbook,
    simply have that chart display. How can I do that?

    Thanks a lot

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: simple chart question

    Hi,

    Jon Peltier has information on hyperlinks and charts.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Hyperlinks.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Roney
    Guest

    Re: simple chart question

    Exactly what I needed! Thanks Andy

  4. #4
    Roney
    Guest

    Re: simple chart question

    Andy, this worked great for spreadsheet 1. Then, I made spreadsheet 2, as a
    copy of 1, but with different data. Now, when I click the hyperlink in
    spreadsheet 2, it takes me to a completly different place in the workbook. I
    have tried deleting and recreating the link. The link dialog has the correct
    references. It just doesn't work. It's weird. Spreadsheet 1 still works fine.

    Any thoughts?

  5. #5
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: simple chart question

    What method of hyperlinking did you use?
    Where should the hyperlink be taking you and where does it actually take
    you?
    If you where to create a new workbook with the same links does the
    problem persist?

  6. #6
    Roney
    Guest

    Re: simple chart question

    Without being able to offer any explaination, I was able to fix this. At one
    point I had this spreadsheet open with two windows (window menu, new window).
    I closed window 1 and saved it with window 2 open. I know of no way to "undo"
    that. I noticed that, in the broken spreadsheet, whenever I opened it the
    name was "spreadsheet_name.xls;2" signifying it though it was opening window
    2, though there was in fact only one window. I opened a new workbook, copied
    the sheets from the old to the new, saved the new using the old name, and
    that fixed the links. Why, I have no idea.

    Thanks for you help Andy.