2 DATA RANGES IN CHARTS

  1. #1
    Maria
    Guest

    2 DATA RANGES IN CHARTS

    I am trying to create a chart of stacked data

    The data I have is

    Class of cost Planned and Actual by month/year
    I want a chart that will show me actuals by class of cost and then side by
    side actual and planned
    I am not sure if i can create a chart that will range two data series.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: 2 DATA RANGES IN CHARTS

    If you arrange your data properly, a lot of things in Excel are vastly
    simplified. To chart multiple series, put the category labels (or X values)
    into a column, put the Y values for one series into the column to the right,
    and put Y values for any additional series in the next columns after that.

    If the data is already arranged in arbitrary locations on the sheet, you can
    make the chart with one series, then on the Chart menu, choose Source Data,
    then click on the Series tab, then click Add, and add as many series as you
    need, selecting data ranges for their X and Y data.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services