line graph-need to pick up dates as values for the x axis?

  1. #1
    mountainair
    Guest

    line graph-need to pick up dates as values for the x axis?

    How do you get a line graph to pick up and show dates as the values on the x
    axis, not starting at zero nor at the first of the month. There doesn't seem
    to be anywhere for x-axis data to be transferred to the x- axis. I did put
    the dates into a row of cells and highlight them. i am using MS office 2000.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: line graph-need to pick up dates as values for the x axis?

    Go to Source Data on the Chart menu. On the Series tab, select the series,
    then click in the XValues box, clear it if necessary, and select the range
    that contains your dates.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    mountainair
    Guest

    Re: line graph-need to pick up dates as values for the x axis?

    thanks jon, it worked!