Animated charts

  1. #1
    unique
    Guest

    Animated charts

    Hello, I want to create a chart, which has a slider, and when the slider is
    constantly clicked the area under a curve from a chart starts progressively
    being coloured (filled) until it reaches the end of the curve and the end of
    the slider. How can create these types of charts.

    regards

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Animated charts

    The example near the bottom of this page:

    shows how to use a slider to control which data is charted. Ignore that my
    example uses dates, and just set it up for whatever units your X-axis uses.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    unique
    Guest

    Re: Animated charts

    "Jon Peltier" wrote:

    > The example near the bottom of this page:
    >
    > http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...cle.asp?ID=246
    >
    > shows how to use a slider to control which data is charted. Ignore that my
    > example uses dates, and just set it up for whatever units your X-axis uses.
    >
    > - Jon
    > -------
    > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    > Peltier Technical Services
    > Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    > http://PeltierTech.com/
    > _______

    Hello,

    yes I understand whats on that sheet, but I still cant get it what I want it
    to do. How do I make it so the colour under those lines, gets filled, from
    clear as you press the slider.

    regards

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Animated charts

    You need to use an area chart series. It gets complicated to get the
    vertical edge at the last selected point. However, I just remembered another
    page on my web site:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart.html

    - Jon
    -------

  5. #5
    unique
    Guest

    Re: Animated charts

    Hello,

    Can you clarify the procedure to link the scroller with the chart. The first
    link seems rather unclear.

    regards

  6. #6
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Animated charts

    There are named ranges in the worksheet which change based on values in
    cells (such as start date and end date). The chart uses these named ranges
    as the X and Y data. The scroll bars are linked to the cells whose values
    control the endpoints of the defined ranges.

    - Jon
    -------