XL 2003: Replacing X-Axis Labels with Custom Ones...

  1. #1
    Birmangirl
    Guest

    XL 2003: Replacing X-Axis Labels with Custom Ones...

    Is there any way of simply replacing my existing X-Axis labels with those of
    my own definition, without having to add an additional data range?
    XL insists on inserting a nicely scaled axis (say 1 to 10) and I'd like
    1,2,3,E instead...
    Any help appreciated...

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: XL 2003: Replacing X-Axis Labels with Custom Ones...

    The way to achieve this is to use another range that contains the X labels
    you want. Is there a particular reason you don't want to do it this way?

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services