How do I set up a stacked chart with different series for each bar

  1. #1
    Virent
    Guest

    How do I set up a stacked chart with different series for each bar

    I am trying to create a stacked chart for three different products (Product
    A, B, C). Each product has three different values that make up the product's
    cost (Cost A, B, C). The products need to be compared at different values.
    So, compare total cost (based on sum of Cost A, B, C) of Product A, B, C at
    $5. Then compare their total cost at $10. Then at $20. How do I do this
    without having a separate X Value (5,10,20) for each bar? I want Products A,
    B, C to have the same X Value of $5, without seeing $5 three different times.
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a stacked chart with different series for each bar

    Maybe you need to switch between By Rows and By Columns. That is found from
    the Chart menu > Source Data > Data Range tab.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Virent
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a stacked chart with different series for each

    no, this doesn't help...I don't even know if it's possible to do what I'm
    asking without using a macro, but by rows/by columns doesn't really mean
    much. in this case. You know how when you do a normal bar chart, and there
    are three different values for one x value? So, say, Prod A @ $5, Prod B @
    $5, and Prod C @ $5 each have different values of output...then when you make
    a normal bar chart, you will see Prod A, Prod B, and Prod C all for one value
    of X ($5 in this case). The three bars will be centered over this one value
    of X. Is this possible to do with a stacked chart?

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a stacked chart with different series for each

    Well then, change from a clustered to a stacked chart.

    Or if I still don't understand your question, does this page help:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

    - Jon
    -------